Master the terrifyingly effective Phoenix Eye Fist style of Chinese Kung Fu with this illustrated martial arts guide.
The Secrets of Phoenix-Eye Fist Kung-Fu depicts an enormously potent art, also known as Chuka Shaolin, that does not depend on strength or size. Instead, it utilizes a special striking technique, the phoenix-eye fist, aimed at vital points on the opponent’s body.
Phoenix-Eye Fist Kung-Fu excels at close-range fighting—an area neglected in many other martial arts—and employs a variety of lightning-fast strikes and kicks. Due to its deadly efficacy, there is no sparring in Chuka Shaolin, but instead complex two-person practice forms are employed—both for empty-handed fighting and for fighting with weapons—in which the practitioners fight all-out, and are protected only by a precise knowledge of the form.
With hundreds of clear photographs, The Secrets of Phoenix-Eye Fist Kung-Fu reveals:
- The fundamental techniques of the empty-handed art
- A complete breakdown of the two-person empty-hand practice forms
- Detailed instruction in Chuka Shaolin pole fighting, including
the practice forms
- An overview of the other weapons used in Chuka Shaolin, including the sai, the twin knives, the spear, and the farmer’s hoe
- Special forms of Chi Kung designed to increase striking power,
increase vitality, and aid in resisting and healing injuries